Buying gifts for older kids can be tough… so we’ve tried to compile unique gift ideas for teens, the post for younger kids is HERE.
I’ve found that we have to push past their desire for cash and gift cards to find things that truly fit their personalities. Tweens and Teens can be incredibly hard to please… but if you are looking to give something beyond a typical gift card, take a look at these options.
First off, we love gifting experiences…these are memories that last longer than your typical toy!
- maybe a weekend away with you or your spouse
- give tickets to a sporting event
- give tickets to a concert or play
- give a date night with you or your spouse (movie gift certificate and a gift card to their favorite restaurant)
- be creative what would your kid love to experience… think outside the box!
But of course, kids like other gifts too, so here’s some ideas that help you cater to your kid and not just buy whatever the latest craze is…
Great for Girls:
Here’s some great devotional books for Girls:
My daughter who is 13 and all her friends have been passing these Annie F. Downs books around to each other all year and discussing them together! Annie has a way of writing to young girls that makes them feel like they have a new best friend…. a very wise one! Thanks Annie, these are ALL great reads!
Here are a few more faith based gifts for girls:
For the Memory Maker Girl:
This is a hot item for tween and teen girls. My daughter has one, she takes pics & decorates her room & locker with them.
Great for Boys:
Here’s some bible, devotional and book ideas for those tough tween/teen boys…
Cool gifts for your boy who likes to be outside:
Great for All Tweens/Teens:
For the Adventurous Outdoor Kid:
- This Hammock by ENO is lightweight and portable for hiking, camping trips to the park or in the backyard. It can be quickly secured to trees, poles or any permanent structure.
- This summer at middle & high school camp, both girls and boys had these hammocks hanging everywhere, they are a hot item right now!
- Be sure you also get the suspension straps for the hammock, they aren’t typically included.
Here’s a few other fun things for your adventurer…
These Camelbak water bottles are great for school or outdoor adventures and come in lots of cool colors.
For your Music Lover:
The idea of playing vintage (or new) vinyls on a turntable is a new hit with teens. These Crosleys are great for a cheap option.
Check out our other Unique Gift Idea Posts:
*This post contains affiliate links. See our disclosure policy for more details.
Do you have any unique gift ideas for tweens and teens? Share in the comments below, help us out!!
Founder of The Praying Mom
This website was birthed out of Christy's passion to see women become intentional in their lives. She is passionate about helping moms discover their purpose in their homes, churches, communities & world! Follow more of her journey HERE