My word for 2017 is INTENTION. So with that word comes the thought of what areas I want to be more intentional in.
This year, I decided relationships was a key place where I wanted to be more intentional.
My goal this year in my relationships is to be intentional about these three things:
Having More Fun
Encouraging Spiritual Growth
Being More Present
Want to have more meaningful relationships this year? This month, will bring a series of posts on ways to be more intentional in each of the relationships in your life… this week, we will start with your relationship with Jesus.
I want more INTENTION in my relationship with Jesus:
So what does it look like to have more fun, grow spiritually and be more present in my relationship with Jesus? I decided I needed to try something different & to break out of the normal routine. Sometimes it helps to try something different to bring a new energy to our time with Jesus.
Here’s some ideas:
1.) Grab a new devotional book
2.) Download a new app to have quick access to the Bible and Bible reading plans.
See this post to read about a few of my favorite Bible Apps:
3.) Start a prayer journal or notebook. This is something new I’m starting this year.
Here’s a few ideas to get you started… don’t let these overwhelm you!
Start small and see what God does!
- This post by Daily Dwelling is for a 3 ring binder and she has GREAT printables to get you started.
- This post by Stones Soup for Five is also for a 3 ring binder and she walks you through with a series of tutorials
- This post by Healthy Happy Women also shows some practical ideas.
Join our Praying Mom Community for access to our Printables including Prayers for an Anxious Heart and more!
4) Read a non-fiction Christian book that challenges you
- This is NOT a replacement for time in God’s word, but is a great enhancement for spiritual growth.
- Use wisdom and discernment when learning from others. Don’t take their writing as gospel truth… it is just their interpretation, so be sure to study God’s word for yourself to see how their writing lines up with God’s word.
- It’s important to remember that we don’t have to agree with every author to learn from them and be challenged to think of things in a different way.
Here’s a few of my favorites from 2016 & some I’m looking forward to in 2017:
I started out the year with a new devotional planner. I’m also working on setting up a prayer notebook. I’m also following along with She Reads Truth as they walk through John. I also just began reading an early copy of You Are Free, the new book from Rebekah Lyons releasing in February, excited to share more about this book soon!
Share the ways you hope to grow in your relationship with Jesus this year!
Do you have some favorite resources to share with other readers?
Founder of The Praying Mom
This website was birthed out of Christy's passion to see women become intentional in their lives. She is passionate about helping moms discover their purpose in their homes, churches, communities & world! Follow more of her journey HERE